Monday, January 3, 2011

A Simple Solution

Chemicals chemicals everywhere...oh I long for some good clean air!

My mother once taught me a trick that I've recently taken a step further. Instead of using store bought cleaners that house far too many chemicals, sometimes some simple soap and water will do the trick. Here's the kicker: it works on everything! I always have a spray bottle of all-natural lavender soap (1 part liquid soap, 3 parts water) laying around and I have yet to find an opportunity when it didn't come in handy.

Yesterday my husband spilled some juice on our fabric couch....spray! Kitchen counters...spray! And my personal favorite: My husband cleaned the entire oven with...you guessed it...spray!

So out with the nose-burning chemical concoctions and in with the "simple" solution of soap and water.

                                                        "Soap and water and common sense are the best disinfectants."
                                                                                                               William Osler, M.D. (1849-1919) 

No comments:

Post a Comment